Make your boring, cluttered old closet look fabulous without spending a lot of money. Do the job yourself to create a closet that is beautiful, tailored to your needs, and so useful that you’ll be happy to keep it organized. These tips can help you get your closet organized and keep it that way, while teaching you methods of organization that will help you keep it looking great.
1) Start by clearing out the clutter. Donate clothing, shoes, belts, and purses to charities that can really use them. Don’t forget to collect your receipt for a charitable tax deduction later. You may be surprised how quickly those closet cleanings can add up to a real tax break!
2) Design a closet model that will work for your belongings. If you have a lot of purses, you may want to designate a shelf designed specifically for holding all of your handbags. A simple shelf with dividers about five inches apart should give you many spaces for keeping purses separated and dust-free.
3) Shoes are a problem in most closets. The floor is not necessarily the best place for shoes. Try to use one inside wall of your closet for shoes. The back of the door is also an option if there is no room inside the closet. A simple peg rack, or dowel rack can be really inexpensive and useful for organizing a closet. Use stain and varnish to make it look like a high-end addition.
4) Find some closet accessories that not only make your closet look great, but are also useful for keeping things organized. Specialty clothes hangers, like tie hangers, scarf hangers, belt hangers, and even jewelry hangers can be used to help keep your closet in order while adding to the high-end theme that you’re going for. Choose wood hangers and matching specialty hangers to make the look uniform throughout your closet.
5) Your clothes hangers are extremely important. Once you’ve got your design down, your hooks, pegs, and shelves installed, finish the look with wood hangers. Nothing is better than an elegant wood clothes hanger. They are timeless, sturdy, and more inexpensive than you may think. Buy bulk hangers or wholesale hangers directly from the manufacturer to save a bundle. Make sure that you choose coat hangers for coats, pants hangers for pants, and other specialty hangers that will make your closet functional and beautiful at the same time. When your closet is done, you’ll be excited to keep it neat and organized every day.
About the Author: Charlie Hafter is on the staff of Closet Hanger Factory, a leading online resource for clothes hangers. Get all of the closet and clothes hanger accessories you could need at http://www.closethangerfactory.com, which is recognized worldwide for their excellent quality hangers.